Killi-Data Series is a recurring small book, published irregularly depending on work load and contribution pipe line.
Killi-Data Series are sold online (the price is variable depending on number of pages and color contents, the PDF format is free to K-D-I active members), and they are sent printed or as a PDF.
To purchase Killi-Data Series (ISSN number 2267-8840 for print, e ISSN 2646-0459, for electronic publication), the dedicated FORM must be filled completely.
Abstracts of Killi-Data Series are freely available in dedicated pages for each published paper, with hereafter links.
Killi-Data Series is available printed and also as PDF documents (since 2013, PDFs are accepted by ICZN for availability of nomenclatorial acts and new names following strict conditions).
Killi-Data Series deals only with Killifish (oviparous Cyprinodontiformes).
Manuscripts of Killi-Data Series are reviewed in depth by anonymous peers (i.e., not on format or reputation/profession of authors, but on contents) and by expert reviewers.
Killi-Data Series 2011 [16 pages, as a print, ISBN 978-2-9527283-6-2, as a PDF document, ISBN 978-2-9527283-8-6] contents are:
* Description of Aapticheilichthys, nov. gen., a new monotypic fish genus of Lampeyes (Cyprinodontiformes: Poeciliidae) from western Africa [more details and abstract at dedicated PAGE]
* Comments on the Identification of Poll's type of Aphyosemion maeseni by Sonnenberg & Busch, 2009 [more details and abstract at dedicated PAGE]
* Comments on the Name Correction of Callopanchax sidibei into C. sidibeorum, by Sonnenberg & Busch, 2010 [more details and abstract at dedicated PAGE]
Killi-Data Series 2012 [32 pages, as a print, ISBN 978-2-9527283-7-9, as a PDF document, ISBN 978-2-9527283-9-3] contents are:
* Proposal of a replacement family-group name for pre-occupied Epiplateinae Huber [more details and abstract at dedicated PAGE]
* Reappraisal of the Phylogeny of Rivulus and its Allied focused on External Characters [more details and abstract at dedicated PAGE]
* Description of Yssolebias, nov. gen., a new monotypic fish genus for an old and phantom species of Colombia [more details and abstract at dedicated PAGE]
Killi-Data Series 2013 [64 pages, as a print, ISBN 978-2-9547546-0-4, as a PDF document, ISBN 978-2-9547546-1-1] contents are:
* Reappraisal of the Phylogeny of the African genus Aphyosemion (Cyprinodontiformes) focused on External Characters, in line with Molecular Data, with new and redefined Subgenera [more details and abstract at dedicated [more details and abstract at dedicated PAGE]
* Pronothobranchius chirioi n. sp. a new annual killifish species from the Niger River drainage, with redescriptions of P. kiyawensis, P. gambiensis and P. seymouri (Cyprinodontiformes: Nothobranchiidae) [more details and abstract at dedicated PAGE]
* Four new species of Rivulus Poey, 1860, subgenus Cynodonichthys Meek, 1904 (Teleostei: Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae) from the Magdalena River Basin, Central Colombia, including notes on Rivulus (Cynodonichthys) elegans Steindachner, 1880 [more details and abstract at dedicated PAGE]
Killi-Data Series 2014 [36 pages, as a print, ISBN 979-10-93353-00-5, as a PDF document, ISBN 979-10-93353-01-2] contents are:
* Nothobranchius bellemansi and Nothobranchius occultus (Cyprinodontiformes: Nothobranchiidae) two new annual killifish from Sudan [more details and abstract at dedicated PAGE]
* Expanded habitat ranges of Rivulus (Cynodonichthys) pivijay and Rivulus (Cynodonichthys) xi, with remarks on threatened type locality of Rivulus (Cynodonichthys) elegans [more details and abstract at dedicated PAGE]
* Nomenclatural changes regarding some taxa names created by DeKay, McClelland, Myers, Steindachner, Valenciennes, following the new availability of old publications as electronic archives on the Internet [more details and abstract at dedicated PAGE]
Killi-Data Series 2015 [36 pages, as a print, ISBN 979-10-93353-02-9, as a PDF document, ISBN 979-10-93353-03-6] contents are:
* A morphological rediagnosis of Yssolebias within cyprinodontoids (Cyprinodontiformes) following the detailed osteological analysis by Costa based on a new radiograph of the single type of Cyprinodon martae Steindachner [more details and abstract at dedicated PAGE]
* Nothobranchius torgashevi (Cyprinodontiformes: Nothobranchiidae), a new species of annual killifish with two male colour morphs from the Lake Eyasi basin, central Tanzania [more details and abstract at dedicated PAGE]
* Comments on the Description of Aphanius marassantensis by Pfleiderer, Geiger & Herder, 2014, with proposed synonymization [more details and abstract at dedicated PAGE]
Killi-Data Series 2016-2017 [24 pages, as a print, ISBN 979-10-93353-04-3, as a PDF document, ISBN 979-10-93353-05-0] contents are:
* Reanalysis of single type of Rivulus ocellatus Hensel, 1880 in Berlin Museum pending its putative molecular analysis, with the proposal of revalidation of Rivulus caudomarginatus [more details and abstract at dedicated PAGE]
* Miscellaneous comments on Haplochilus marnoi and bifasciatus Steindachner, 1881, with lectotype designations, on the identity of Rivulus rachovii Ahl, 1925 with suggested revalidation, and on the ICZN availability or not of two synonymized taxa. [more details and abstract at dedicated PAGE]
Killi-Data Series 2018 [20 pages, as a print, ISBN 979-10-93353-07-4, as a PDF document, ISBN 979-10-93353-06-7] contents are:
* A new Aphyosemion species from the Djoué River (Congo River Basin), Republic of the Congo (Teleostei: Cyprinodontiformes: Nothobranchiidae), with remarks on the type locality of Aphyosemion congicum (Ahl, 1924). [more details and abstract at dedicated PAGE]
To purchase the printed booklets Killi-Data Series 2018, Killi-Data Series 2016-2017 and Killi-Data Series 2015 and or Killi-Data Series 2014 and or Killi-Data Series 2013 and or Killi-Data Series 2012 and or Killi-Data Series 2011, fill in the appropriate ORDER form. Beware that in case the print is temporarily or definitely sold out, it may be automatically replaced by the PDF format.
In line with the current ICZN code, Killi-Data Series are readable in full or in part as printed copies and or PDFs in at least 5 public international libraries where it has been sent freely and deposited after publication, following ICZN rules and recommendations, onwards from year 2000. Each of these institutions have specific practices for readers (professional scientists or not, read-only or photocopying possible, free of charge or not).
Full list of international public libraries having received at least one edition.
For submission (Killi-Data Series 2019 hypothetically scheduled before September 2019), please send an electronic file of the text and the attachments at the targeted place better by e-mail at (no reply with that mail box) or possibly on a CD :
For information, hereafter is reproduced the first editorial that describes the project, published with Killi-Data Series 2011 (updated and expanded with the editorial of Killi-Data Series 2013, on December 27. 2013)
Killi-Data Series is a new by-product of Killi-Data which is scheduled to be published once or twice a year, maybe not each year depending on available material, at no scheduled date.
Killi-Data Series is published along with :
In focus, Killi-Data Series is restricted to taxonomy and systematics of oviparous Cyprinodontiformes, and nothing else.
In substance, Killi-Data Series publishes original articles within :
Killi-Data Series welcomes all authors : for the first 2 editions (2011, 2012), the single author is the editor, with further editions (2013 and 2014), 2 authors other than Huber have joined.
The book Killi-Data Series is a non periodical publication with original articles on systematics and nomenclature on oviparous Cyprinodontiformes: it may be published once or several times a year or not at all depending on the pipe line of publications
Killi-Data Series 2018 is currently available, the price is 8 Euro per booklet (20 pages in color for prints and in colors for PDF), Killi-Data Series 2016-2017 is also available, the price is 4 Euro per booklet (24 pages in B&W for prints and in colors for PDF), Killi-Data Series 2015 is also available, the price is 14 Euro per printed booklet (36 pages in B&W and colors), Killi-Data Series 2014 is also available, the price is 13 Euro per printed booklet (36 pages in B&W and colors), Killi-Data Series 2013 is also available, the price is 14 Euro per printed booklet (64 pages in colors, sold at cost of printing), Killi-Data Series 2012 and Killi-Data Series 2011 are also available, the price is 12 Euro per printed booklet (32 pages or less)… or possibly as PDF electronic documents from 2011 to 2015, then with a large discount… for a single year-edition, 4 Euro per booklet.
You may only send money electronically to the editor directly via PAYPAL, click on button 'send money online', then select country for 'I'm paying someone in' (France), then select currency (Euro), then select the amount of money outside Paypal charges (= amount sent through Paypal, i.e. net amount received by Killi-Data), then select option 'Friends and Family', (next step) 'to' [ Email address ] by using the hereafter crypted electronic address (no-reply) in the Paypal website :
AND parallely by sending a mail of information at : with the title subject as "Killi-Data : purchase of Killi-Data Series" and in the body of the message Hello (my postal address, necessary for delivery if as print, is : ), I send the total money of XX (please give the amount) Euro to purchase the following editions of Killi-Data Series (please give details of the years and select prints or PDFs) and I hereby warranty that I shall not copy or transfer or scan parts or the entire purchased book(s) to anybody else, on paper or electronically, whenever for free or against money, upon my name or the name of an organized group.
Alternative solution : be aware that Killi-Data Series is free for current active members in PDF format ; it may be an advantage for you to consider becoming a K-D-I member at REGISTRATION since it is gratis as PDFs for members.
When ordering Killi-Data Series, please remember that it is a non-profit venture : show patience and courtesy.